Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Grand Theft Poetry

At seven I was a soldier,
At nine i was a prince.
Faster than fairies,
Faster then witches.
I was THE boy who laughed at Santa Claus.
But i still dreamed... more then most you could say.
A discovery, waiting there in my dream,
For a young kid such as i to grasp it.
I had to find it!
But it seemed so tough, impossible at times.
A stranger to tears, i did not cry.
But i must say, i wanted to.
Oh this treasure was so special to me.
I was almost there, i had been working so hard to find it.
And then, right as i was about to find this glorious treasure,
right when all my childhood dreams were about to come true,
"Phillip! Wake up! It's time for school!"
Devastated.
Crushed.
You've got to be kidding me.

2 comments:

  1. Aint bad for one second! Love the dream sequence if you wil..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like how you made it deep it drew me in quickly

    ReplyDelete